/* Post photos ----------------------------------------------- */ img.post-photo { border:1px solid #A2907D; padding:4px; }

 


The Adventures of two Fibre Artists.

 

 

Contributing Artists
Melangell
EM

Tuesday, December 15, 2009

Quick and easy dishcloth

I was taking note, recently, of the sad state my dishcloths were in, and wondered which would be quicker, knit one up or run to Wal-mart to purchase one. Since we live"in the sticks" there is no such thing as a quick run to anywhere. I also took into consideration time to shower, dress, walk through the vast superstore, wait in line to check out and return home. I might have been able to manage it in about 2 hours, which, as it turns out, was about how long it took to knit this up.

I used a very simple pattern that can be found on the "How Stuff Works" website. Using about a third of a small skein of "sugar and cream" cotton, I plan to use the rest of the skein to knit a matching dish towel, and size 8 Brittany needles. I always look forward to using one of the few sizes of walnut needles I purchased from Brittany before they stopped making them from black walnut wood. The birch ones are nice but the walnut needles were noticeably softer, which is a big deal when you suffer with painful hands. Fibromyalgia is the biggest culprit, for me....there is no way anyone is going to convince me that years of fibre arts contributed in any way to my painful hands.

I had to add this picture, despite my windblown hair that obviously did not receive any attention after taking Onida for a walk, but it is a wonderful example of why I enjoy knitting. There is nothing more healing than comfortable "frumpy" clothing, enjoying quiet time with a couple of knitting buddies. What better way to unwind at the end of the day.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home