/* Post photos ----------------------------------------------- */ img.post-photo { border:1px solid #A2907D; padding:4px; }

 


The Adventures of two Fibre Artists.

 

 

Contributing Artists
Melangell
EM

Tuesday, February 28, 2006

Gossamer Webs


This will be my first attempt at Gossamer lace knitting. I have always been fascinated by Orenburg Shawls. I love how light, airy and fragile they look, as if made with spider webs. This particular project will be a headcovering for church (Orthodox Christian women cover their heads when entering a church). I am using some of the alpaca lace weight fiber I bought from Knit Picks. The colour is a bit difficult to see in this lighting but it is a grayish lavender shade.

I feel the beauty of Orenburg shawls lie in their simplicity. You only need to utilize a few basic stitches to make up 10 foundational stitch patterns that, in turn, are mixed to produce infinite possibilities for designs. And what beautiful designs they are.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home